Due to COVID-19, our 2020 programming at Cal Plaza and GP Amplified is cancelled.
Hailed as the “Best Free Outdoor Summer Concert Series” by Los Angeles Magazine and called “a grand gift to the public… democracy in musical action” by the Los Angeles Times, Grand Performances presents high-quality music, dance, theater, and more at the breathtaking California Plaza in the heart of Downtown. For more than 30 years, Grand Performances has delivered the best of global culture to inspire community among the diverse peoples of Los Angeles, and reflect the many cultural interests across the region.
Grand Performances’ mission is to inspire community, celebrate diversity, and unite Los Angeles through free access to global performing arts.
- Access: We believe access to high-quality performing arts is a right, not a privilege. Our free programming welcomes family, friends and neighbors to dance, sing, listen and learn together.
- Excellence: We present thoughtfully curated programs through our efficient use of funds and resources to meet the highest artistic and technical standards.
- Inclusive: We celebrate diversity! Our artists, audiences, programs, staff and board, reflect—and serve— the cultures and communities that make up Los Angeles.
- Inspiring: We create exciting, transformative experiences that spark a greater appreciation of the arts, broaden an understanding of global cultures, and encourage our audiences to interact with the world around them.
- Innovative: We champion creativity, in every aspect of the organization, to explore how the arts can serve our dynamic, ever-changing community.